PROCESS / INDUSTRIAL
OIL / GAS
Flow Control Company believes that its Senior Management team can give a powerful message to its workforce by what they do for health & safety. By adopting a positive health and safety approach the Senior Management Team has established a positive health & safety culture.
The company has established an Occupational Health and Safety System (OH&S) as part of an integrated Management System. The OH&S management system is certified to ISO 45001:2018 standard.
The senior management team has agreed the company’s OH&S policy and ensured that, within the defined scope of its OH&S management system, it:
- Is appropriate to the nature and scale of the company’s OH&S risks
- Includes a commitment to prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in OH&S management and performance
- Includes a commitment to comply at least with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the company subscribes that relate to OH&S hazards
- Provides a framework for setting and reviewing OH&S objectives and targets
- Is documented, implemented and maintained
- Is communicated to all persons working under the control of the company with the intent that they are made aware of their individual OH&S obligations
- Is available to interested parties
- Is reviewed periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company.
The company has established a procedure for the ongoing hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls. The procedure for hazard identification and risk assessment takes account of:
- Routine and non-routine activities
- Activities of all persons having access to the workplace (including contractors and visitors)
- Human behaviour, capabilities and other human factors
- Identified hazards originating outside the workplace capable of adversely affecting the health and safety of persons under the control of the company within the workplace
- Hazards created in the vicinity of the workplace by work-related activities under the control of the company
The company has established a procedure for identifying and accessing the legal and other OH&S requirements that are applicable to it, and communicates relevant information on legal and other requirements to persons working under the control of the company, and other relevant interested parties.
The company has ensured that any persons performing tasks that can impact on OH&S are competent
On a regular basis, the company monitors and measures OH&S performance to assess conformity with the company’s OH&S objectives and targets
To ensure continuous improvement the business operations and business environment of Flow Control Company is constantly monitored by the safety advisor. The results of audits, risk assessments and management audits are considered as is guidance from external bodies and benchmarks from other organisations. Staff views as to improvements are also sought either individually or via the health & safety committee.
The company utilises a number of methods of communicating its health & safety policy to employees. On joining the company all employees undertake induction training. Refresher training and specific training is given during the continuance of employment. Use is also made of tool box talks, coaching and mentoring.
Health & Safety is managed within the organisation from board level. Directors and senior managers of the Company are IOSH qualified in Managing Health and Safety and take full responsibility for ensuring Health & Safety is given a high priority within the organisation.
All Health & Safety policies and procedures are subject to an appropriate review and the companies Health & Safety objectives reviewed by the Board of Directors each year.
In addition the Health & Safety Management system is reviewed by an independent consultant who, in addition to ensuring best practice is maintained carries out staff training either through whole employee sessions or utilising a key trainer approach.
Oil and Gas Division
Springwood Industrial Estate
Tel: 01376 321211